Our handyperson service is for people aged 65 or over who have difficulty carrying out small jobs around the home, and for people of any age with a disability.
The service is only for owner occupiers or those renting privately.
Based in our Inverness office, our Care & Repair service covers three areas:
- Badenoch & Strathspey
Some of the jobs the handyperson can do include:
- Clearing and unblocking gutters
- Unblocking sinks and baths
- Fitting grab rails and handrails inside and outside your home
- Putting up shelves
- Mending dripping taps
- Repairing or replacing curtain rails and blinds
- Fitting and repairing locks
- Fitting smoke or carbon monoxide alarms
- Changing light bulbs
- Moving furniture within the house
- Securing carpets
If you think we might be able to assist you, you can contact us directly. Alternatively, you can contact the Highland Council’s Grants department or your local Occupational Therapist to ask about a referral.