We have a commitment to creating sustainable neighbourhoods; thriving, well run, and most importantly, safe places to live. Places that people are proud of and want to live in. We recognise that each of our communities are different and we work to support, sustain and strengthen the local communities, ensuring that all of our tenants have an opportunity to get involved.
If you have a brilliant idea for how you can improve your community then our Community Fund might be just what you’ve been waiting for. You might have loads of enthusiasm and great ideas for projects and improvements in your community but you need funding to get plans off the ground.
You can apply for funding from the Community Fund provided your project meets at least one of the following objectives:
- A focus on Cairn tenancy sustainment or financial inclusion. For example, starter pack or furniture projects, to help support tenants moving from temporary accommodation to a secure tenancy, projects providing financial guidance and support to Cairn tenants or projects tackling fuel poverty.
- Environmental improvements such as community clean-up projects, community allotments and garden projects or health eating projects.
- Enhance the quality of life in areas where Cairn tenants live. For example, projects that promote safe, healthy and vibrant communities or provide support for events that encourage community cohesion.
- Encourage tenant participation that will positively impact on Cairn tenants and their families
- There may be additional funds available, allocated at the discretion of our Executive Team, which in some cases may be targeted towards particular groups or projects, as a result of bequests left to Cairn as a legacy gift
Grants are available for up to £1000 and the money can be spent on:
- Buying or hiring equipment and tools
- Training and education opportunities for groups
- Paying someone to perform a task such as a gardener or joiner (but not to carry out the work yourself)
- Paying appropriate volunteer expenses
- Hiring venues, pay for catering or pay for activities for community events
The Community Fund will not ordinarily pay for the ongoing running costs of projects
You need to have worked out a detailed plan for your project and complete an application form. Applications are invited from Cairn tenants, residents, customers (including shared owners or owners receiving a factoring service from Cairn) or groups and organisations operating in Cairn communities. Funds are limited and priority may be given to Registered Tenant Organisations or tenant groups who are moving towards adopting a formal constitution.
Please contact Neil Golightly, our Business Services Manager, or read our Guide to the Cairn Community Fund for more information.