No-Phone nature walks are a great way for people to care for their mental health. The walks are currently referred by GPs, counsellors, mental health charities, housing authorities and local groups who all recognise the health benefits of nature walks.
The project are working to set up an inclusive walk in the Inverness area to reduce isolation for up to 10 people with mobility restrictions.
The walks hope to:
• Encourage regular exercise
• Motivation/purpose to go outside the home
• Connecting with nature
• Improvements in physical wellbeing and mobility
• Improvements in mental wellbeing
• Reduce isolation and loneliness
• Reduction in anxiety
• Increased confidence and self belief
• Build social acquaintances and friendships
• Improve wellbeing for family members and friends of individuals attending
See all community projects