An experienced and professional Human Resources Officer is required to join the Human Resources department in central Edinburgh. The successful applicant will have experience in a demanding generalist Human Resources role including solid employee relations experience and excellent communication skills. A CIPD qualification is desirable and TUPE experience is advantageous
A basic Disclosure Scotland check and a car available for work are requirements of this post.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Track record of providing professional HR advice to managers on a wide range of issues
- Demonstrate a sound knowledge of employment law and HR best practice with ability to interpret, advice and working within legislation (including familiarity of TUPE) and current policies and procedures.
- Proven experience of dealing with complex HR Issues such as grievance, disciplinary, capability and ill health termination.
- Experience of undertaking and achieving HR project work
- Ability to contribute to the development of policies and procedures
- Able to work with, report and understand statistical information.
- Ability to develop and deliver management skills training.
- Sound IT skills including use of MS Office applications and the ability to use HR systems.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Confidence and ability to relate to people at all levels.
- Self motivated to achieve results.
- Flexible attitude and approach.
- Proven problem solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure without supervision.
Closing date for receipt of completed application forms is 1st March 2016, with interviews being held in Edinburgh shortly after the closing date.