Cairn has been serving communities across the whole of Scotland for over 25 years. We are a non-profit making registered charity with over 3000 homes and local offices in Inverness, Edinburgh and Bellshill.
We are committed to creating thriving, well-run and sustainable communities that people are proud to call home. We are excited to have the opportunity to work with ANCHO and our team are dedicated to providing great homes and services to all tenants and residents.
ANCHO and Cairn are working together on a potential partnership which, if successful, would see ANCHO become part of a larger Cairn Group with around 4,000 homes across Scotland. We think our partnership could bring considerable benefits to ANCHO‘s tenants, including:
- £3.2 million to invest in homes and communities
- An affordable rent guarantee
- A continued ANCHO office locally with the same local team
- Reducing administration costs
- New investment to build new homes
- Sustaining and growing community development and financial inclusion
For Cairn’s tenants the benefits of a partnership with ANCHO would be:
- A greater capacity to improve performance and quality of services over the whole Cairn Group
- Benefits of ANCHO‘s skills and experience in community development work and success in securing external funding for local projects
- Greater borrowing capacity for the new Cairn Group to fund improvements and new homes
- Ability for Cairn to continue to reduce overhead costs over more properties and ensure affordable rents and better value for money
- A stronger organisation with greater financial resilience to ensure a secure future in an uncertain economic climate.
The final say, however, will be with ANCHO tenants, in a formal ballot next year.