We are acutely aware that older people, and those with underlying health conditions, are at higher risk from coronavirus.
Our Incident Management Team are closely monitoring guidance from Health Protection Scotland and the Scottish Government. We’re now putting in place additional measures to reduce the spread of infection, and protect tenants and staff.
- We have taken the difficult decision to close the communal lounges in our courts. Communal lounges will be closed from noon on Monday 23rd March
- Guest rooms will be closed from Friday 27th March
- Laundry facilities will remain open but restricted to two people in the laundry room at any one time
Staff and visitors
- Our court-based staff do an amazing job supporting our tenants. To keep them safe we have encouraged them to practice social distancing (more on this below), which includes avoiding visiting tenants in their home
- Our office-based staff, wherever possible, are asked to work remotely, this includes cancelling non-essential face-to-face meetings and appointments in tenants’ homes. Our offices in Bellshill, Inverness and Edinburgh are now closed to the public
- We strongly discourage any non-essential visitors to our sheltered and retirement courts. Essential visits include carers and other health professionals, contractors completing essential repairs or people providing practical support with shopping and cleaning
- All tenants and visitors should use antibacterial hand gel (where available) on entering and leaving the court, or make use of communal bathrooms to wash hands
- We are currently only scheduling to complete emergency repairs, emergency gas repairs and gas safety checks. Any non-emergency repairs reported will be logged and we hope to be able to schedule those as soon as possible