Cairn are one of Scotland’s leading housing associations, providing tenants with a selection of high quality, affordable properties across 55 different local authorities. We offer 5 different types of properties to meet a wide-ranging selection of needs and support requirements. These range from general needs properties, available to anyone over the age of 16, through to accommodation specifically aimed at those 50 and above which include amenity, retirement, sheltered and extra care residences.
What is general needs housing?
General needs housing is suitable for anyone aged 16 or older. These properties have no adaptations or on-site support like our other properties and are suitable for single people, couples and families. Cairn offer 58 houses for general needs tenants in various locations across Scotland. Properties come in a range of sizes and types. Choosing Cairn as the provider of your general needs housing means:
- You will have a landlord who cares. Cairn are a social housing charity are interested in the needs of tenants more than profit, all of which is filtered back into the organisation to help us improve.
- We’re easy to contact. With our online self-service portal – MyCairn – you can safely pay your rent, report a repair or access other online services are your leisure. No need to wait for office hours!
- Our repairs and maintenance team are second-to-none, completing an average repair in just 1.3 hours!
- As a Cairn tenant you will have access to our Benefits Advisor or Tenancy Sustainment Officer for free, confidential advice.
- Access to our Cairn Community Fund means are tenants can apply for funding to support projects that benefit the local community, from football matches to family fun days.
How can I apply?
There are three ways to apply for our properties: directly with us, through the common housing register or through a nomination agreement with the local authority. Which route you take will depend on the local authority area you want to live in. For further information on this please see: https://www.cairnha.com/find-home/how-to-apply/.
How can I find out more?
If you would like more information about general needs housing you can contact us via our webchat feature on our website which you will find at the bottom right of the page, give us a call on 0800 990 3405, email us at email@example.com or fill out an online enquiry form.
Where we have general needs housing
Boat of Garten
Muir of Ord